This group is for discussion of any and all politics - and other issues - related to California. Races, initiatives, local issues, the environment, and more.
|Climate Action Hub
Building upon the momentum generated by the People's Climate March, The Climate Action Hub @ DailyKos is a new space to accommodate the groundswell of activism inspired by civil society around the September 21 UN Climate Summit. The Hub will provide space to amplify messaging from NGOs, eco writers, scientists and bloggers here at DK and elsewhere and promote upcoming actions in the lead up to the UNFCCC 2015 Climate Talks in Paris.
Climate matters. We vote.
|Daily Kos Phazebook Progressive Social Networking Group
Welcome to the Daily Kos Phazebook social networking group. We are destined to become the Daily Kos largest social networking site. Are you interested in having a virtual phaze to phaze meeting with your favorite Daily Kos author or commentator? If so check out their personal DKos phazebook diary because now they and you have an opportunity to make a diary introducing yourself and your interests and you're not restricted to a few sentences or a single graphic. This is Daily Kos social networkin...
|DK Quilt Guild
A place for quilters to gather, share ideas, projects, and to make the world a better place, one quilt at a time.
DKos Twitterings -- In Election Cycles, this Group will function as a uncoordinated-Campaign Rapid Response Team, coordinating DailyKos with Twitter via Tweeting the diary out from DailyKos itself, and by asking all Kossacks who currently use Twitter, to please RT (retweet) when they see the #DKos_TWEETers hashtag. Outside of Election cycles? Kossacks can use the hashtag to get stories of interest to the Community out to the Twitterverse.
For all who eat and are concerned about the environment, food security and food safety, and lots of recipes.
|Los Angeles Kossacks
This is the main Kossack group for Greater Los Angeles. Other chapters may form in East LA, the Westside, the East and West SF Valley, Long Beach and elsewhere. Let's meet once a month.
|Meatless Advocates Meetup
A group for those reducing their consumption of meat for environmental, health, animal rights etc. And who also love good food, sharing recipes and good times!
|Michigan, My Michigan
Dedicated to the people, politics, and issues of Michigan. This group is not only for people from the Great Lakes State, but also for people from elsewhere who are interested in goings-on here. We will discuss everything Michigan-related - the issues our state faces; the well-being of our Great Lakes; holding Gov. Snyder and others accountable; turning Michigan blue again for Obama, Stabenow, and other Democrats in 2012; the Tigers' 2011 World Series Championship (which you know they're going t...
|Military Community Members of Daily Kos
This is the gathering place for all military community members including veterans and their families. Our goal is two-fold: to publish diaries that help explain military life, especially family life, to civilians and to produce material that shows the military is not only culturally but politically diverse. Active duty family members are in a unique position, as we can freely express our political opinions whereas our active duty members are more likely to keep their mouths shut. That said, all...
|Nuclear Free DK
Nuclear Free DK is a group dedicated to promoting activism, education, conversation, and information about the world's reliance on nuclear power. ~Remember, if you're a group member, to also click the "follow" heart or else you may not have Nuclear Free DK diaries (including your own) show up in your stream.
From Acadia to HaleakalaÂ, from Gates of the Arctic to the Everglades and everything in between, the National Parks are America's greatest treasures. This is a group for discussion of news, politics, general commentary, science, photography, travel planning and more related to the National Parks, state parks and other major parks in the United States.
|Progressive Friends of the Library Newsletter
We advocate for social justice and equal library access for all. We support your local libraries and literacy programs. We also invite you to publish your diaries here that offer library news and support, book reviews, reviews of articles, as well as reviews of video games and other electronic media in our tech talk diaries. We ask for and offer reader guidance for the love of reading, for the love of books and for the love of everything which is your library experience. We also publish diaries...
Pull up a virtual chair and roast some virtual marshmallows over the flickering orange flame at the top of the page. This group is for those who love America's wide open spaces. Topics may range from a proposed wilderness designation to your last backpacking trip to Doc Hastings' latest attack on the roadless rule. The personal and the photogenic are political.
|Readers and Book Lovers
Where readers, writers, bibliophiles, and lovers of all things literary find their favorite series and one-of-a-kind diaries, including "Bookflurries," "Write On!," and "What are you reading?" Plus newer series like "Books So Bad They're Good," "Books in My Life," (formerly "Books That Changed My Life"), "Monday Murder Mystery," "Contemporary Fiction Views," "LGBT Literature," and "Books Go Boom!" We hope you'll visit Readers & Book Lovers for the same reasons you get together with a friend -- ...
|UN Climate Summit
Home base for articles promoting the People's Climate March, the UN Climate Summit and the September 19-23 blogathon.
|What's for Dinner
A Saturday evening get-together where friends share recipes, talk about good food and help others answer culinary questions.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by RLMiller
- Continuing with the appropriations process, the House today voted on the appropriations bill for the Army Corps of Engineers, Department of Energy, and nuclear weapons programs. Here is what the ...11 comments 24 Recs
- As part of President Barak Obama's speech at the White House Correspondent's dinner , as part of his speech, the President introduced his anger translator who expressed -- forcefully -- ...31 comments 28 Recs
- Some large conservation organizations have a problem. They have to get the money needed to run their programs without being co-opted by the organizations and corporations who donate to them, but ...72 comments 132 Recs
- Climate politics is heating up in Washington state. Gov. Jay Inslee has proposed a carbon cap-and-trade bill to the state legislature. But it is on life support. Meanwhile, Carbon Washington, a ...29 comments 47 Recs
- For some time, TV meteorologists seemed to be the last bastion of climate "skeptics." This was a major problem, because watching TV weather personalities is about as close as most regular Americans ...15 comments 14 Recs
- The business case for ever building two coal export mega-terminals in the Pacific Northwest is falling apart. From the Guardian: China's coal imports fall nearly half in 12 months as anti-...47 comments 98 Recs
- There is an old adage: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics . With an advocacy piece, with heavy over tones of analysis and citations with reams of numbers, it is hard to work through a series of ...88 comments 145 Recs
- [image by TheMarti] A close ...134 comments 340 Recs
- For what this photo is about, see James Wells' post below. Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, ...20 comments 63 Recs
- Let me start by saying that California has been living beyond our means in terms of water pretty much forever. Especially in Southern California, where about 85% of our water is imported. I mean, ...146 comments 185 Recs
- No current results.