Click here to add your name:I live on a small island, Molokai, so the risks of climate change to our communities are up close and personal to me.
But working with Sustainable Molokai, I also know Hawai‘i’s unique potential to be a leader for the nation and to other Pacific islands by modeling how to build a clean energy economy.
Senator Brian Schatz shares this passion for expanding clean, renewable energy in Hawai‘i and reducing our state’s dependence on imported fossil fuels. After leading the way in Hawai‘i, he’s taken that dedication to the U.S. Senate.
I was glad to see Senator Schatz standing with President Obama’s strong new EPA rules limiting the amount of carbon pollution released by power plants, rules that will fight climate change and pave the way for more good clean energy jobs.
But they’re sure to come under attack by well-funded fossil fuel groups that want to continue dumping carbon pollution for free, and their Republican allies in Congress.
Join me in standing with Senator Schatz and President Obama. Sign the petition in support of the new proposed EPA rules limiting carbon pollution.
Hawai‘i is ahead of most states in meeting these new EPA rules because of forward-thinking leaders like Senator Schatz, who has worked to further the Hawai‘i Clean Energy Initiative. We’re well on our way to producing 40% renewable energy by 2030.
As Chair of the U.S. Senate Water and Power Subcommittee, Senator Schatz is bringing that clean energy leadership to the national stage, like when he served as the lead organizer of a rare all-night Senate session in March to bring attention to the threat of climate change.
The new EPA rules will fight the climate change threatening our country and bring more solid clean energy jobs by encouraging the installation of more renewable energy in Hawai‘i and across the country.
Let’s not let big polluters and obstructionists in Congress keep us from moving forward.
Sign the petition: support the new rules for less carbon pollution and more clean energy.
Thank you for standing up for a cleaner, more sustainable future.
Received this e-mail today from climate hawk Senator Brian Schatz's (D. HI) campaign:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
windwardguy46, 88kathy, HoundDog, kurt, roycej, JamieG from Md, cordgrass, slowbutsure, akmk, RLMiller, remembrance, BMScott
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...23 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...375 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 207 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.